President’s House, Keene State College, Keene, NH

President’s House, Keene State College, Keene, NH
NH
Image by Keene and Cheshire County (NH) Historical Photos
TITLE
President’s House, Keene State College, Keene, NH

CREATOR
Souvenir Post Card Co., New York NY

SUBJECT
Universities and colleges – NH – Keene
Houses – NH – Keene

DESCRIPTION
Postcard of the Normal School Principals Residence, now the President’s House, Keene State College located on Main Street in Keene New Hampshire. This was originally the Old Bond House and is located at 251 Main Street. It was built around 1805 by John G. Bond in the Federal style, as part of his 20 acre farm. From 1824 to 1844 it was used as Miss Catherine Fiske’s Female Seminary. It became a private home again in 1845 and manufacturer Madison Fairbanks lived there and later Mr. and Mrs. Edward C. Thayer. This building and the Hale House were the two original buildings made available for Keene Normal School, later Keene State College, in 1909.

PUBLISHER
Keene Public Library

DATE DIGITAL
20080414

DATE ORIGINAL

RESOURCE TYPE
photographic postcards

FORMAT
image/jpg

RESOURCE IDENTIFIER
hsyksch032

RIGHTS MANAGMENT
No known restriction on publication.

This entry was posted in NH and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *